Monday, December 9, 2013

Quilting for Dog Beds

This project is reminding me how important it is to experience joy while creating. I love this hobby, but never so much as when I am giggling over a great project. This morning, I quilted the fabric for the dog beds I'm making. This is the greatest fabric; it appeals to the quirky weirdness in me. I realized that if I get several days in my sewing studio, something should go onto or come off of the longarm machine. I have so many quilts to quilt that I really should move them along in at least a small way. With all the new projects swimming around in my head, I want to get some off the list.

I used 4 yards each of print and muslin to make the tops and bottoms of the beds. I also made a backing for my latest QOV out of a Laura Ashley print that I bought when Alexandra was born. I was going to decorate her whole nursery with that print...she is now 16 and has her driver's license!

Stash Used: 11.5 yards
Stash Used, total: 207.4 yards
Stash Acquired: 0
Stash Acquired, total: 350.875

Ok, I'm a true geek. I just put the stash log on a Google Docs Spreadsheet, so the above numbers reflect better accounting. 

No comments: